We have listed our publicly available presentations and reports, as well as other resources we find useful.
2017 – Selecting Impact Evaluation Methods for Arts Organizations; Webinar for WorkInCulture as part of their WorksmARTS series.
2016 – Reducing Selection Bias in Dose-Response Analyses; Panel presentation at the Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2016 Conference.
2015- Aligning Social Impact Measurement with Your Business Model; Guest Speaker talk for Schulich School of Business’s course on Social Entrepreneurship.
2015 – Capturing the Impact of Place-Based Crime Prevention Efforts; Presentation at Safe City Mississauga’s 2015 Crime Prevention Conference.
2014 – Let’s Get Together! How to Build a Grassroots Evaluation Community of Practice; Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2014 Conference
2013 – Measuring Business vs. Social Performance; Social Impact Analysts Association’s Canada Launch
2013 – Customer Segmentation to Learn What Works Well for Whom; Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2013 Conference
2012 – An Introduction to Evaluation; Social Venture Partners – Toronto Learning Event
2010 – An Introduction to AutoRegressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) models Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2010 Conference (If I could, I would re-title this presentation, “An Introduction to Time-Series Designs”).
Funding for Evaluation
- Innoweave offers workshops and implementation grants for Collective Impact and Developmental Evaluation. Contact us to learn how Paul Bakker can work with you as a Developmental Evaluation Coach.
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Seed Grants provide up to $75,000 for testing and evaluating new approaches. Non-profits can also request budgets for evaluation as part of the foundations’ Grow Grants, which provide funds for piloting, replicating, adapting, or scaling proven models.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation Leadership Grants Program provides funds for professional development (including Evaluation) for Canadian charity staff and volunteers.
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- Canadian Evaluation Society – Ontario Chapter
- American Evaluation Society
Evaluation and Research Guides
- Research Methods Knowledge Base: Great place to go to for knowledge on all sorts of social research methods. Trochim is great at explaining complex issues in simple ways.
- Better Evaluation: A great place to visit if you are exploring different and/or innovative evaluation methods.
- Evaluation Flashcards to quickly understand evaluation concepts.
- Free basic sample size calculator
- Free advanced sample size and power calculator – G*Power
- Majorly discounted subscription to Question Pro survey platform for nonprofits.
- Surveys and tools to help evaluate youth program, events, and initiatives, from the The Centre of Excellence for Youth Engagement
- Evaluation networking events in the Greater Toronto Area – Evaluation Cafe