We have listed our publicly available presentations and reports, as well as other resources we find useful.
2017 – Selecting Impact Evaluation Methods for Arts Organizations; Webinar for WorkInCulture as part of their WorksmARTS series.
2016 – Reducing Selection Bias in Dose-Response Analyses; Panel presentation at the Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2016 Conference.
2015- Aligning Social Impact Measurement with Your Business Model; Guest Speaker talk for Schulich School of Business’s course on Social Entrepreneurship.
2015 – Capturing the Impact of Place-Based Crime Prevention Efforts; Presentation at Safe City Mississauga’s 2015 Crime Prevention Conference.
2014 – Let’s Get Together! How to Build a Grassroots Evaluation Community of Practice; Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2014 Conference
2013 – Measuring Business vs. Social Performance; Social Impact Analysts Association’s Canada Launch
2013 – Customer Segmentation to Learn What Works Well for Whom; Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2013 Conference
2012 – An Introduction to Evaluation; Social Venture Partners – Toronto Learning Event
2010 – An Introduction to AutoRegressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) models Canadian Evaluation Society’s 2010 Conference (If I could, I would re-title this presentation, “An Introduction to Time-Series Designs”).
Funding for Evaluation
- Innoweave offers workshops and implementation grants for Collective Impact and Developmental Evaluation. Contact us to learn how Paul Bakker can work with you as a Developmental Evaluation Coach.
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Seed Grants provide up to $75,000 for testing and evaluating new approaches. Non-profits can also request budgets for evaluation as part of the foundations’ Grow Grants, which provide funds for piloting, replicating, adapting, or scaling proven models.
- The Toronto Foundation’s Vital Ideas and Leadership grants provide funding for organizations to deepen the impact of initiatives that improve quality of life for people in Toronto, Ont. Part of the funding is for evaluation framework development.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation Leadership Grants Program provides funds for professional development (including Evaluation) for Canadian charity staff and volunteers.
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- Canadian Evaluation Society – Ontario Chapter
- American Evaluation Society
Evaluation and Research Guides
- Research Methods Knowledge Base: Great place to go to for knowledge on all sorts of social research methods. Trochim is great at explaining complex issues in simple ways.
- Better Evaluation: A great place to visit if you are exploring different and/or innovative evaluation methods.
- Evaluation Flashcards to quickly understand evaluation concepts.
- Free basic sample size calculator
- Free advanced sample size and power calculator – G*Power
- Majorly discounted subscription to Question Pro survey platform for nonprofits.
- Surveys and tools to help evaluate youth program, events, and initiatives, from the The Centre of Excellence for Youth Engagement
- Evaluation networking events in the Greater Toronto Area – Evaluation Cafe Toronto
- Evaluation networking events in the Guelph – Guelph Evaluation Cafe